Friday, June 25, 2010

Missing the mountains this weekend

So we had a super fun and busy Father's Day weekend. I wanted to talk about it all week before we went out of town, but I resisted temptation in an attempt to not let the world know that nobody was home. You gotta be careful here on the world wide web, just in case, ya know?

Anyhoo. We left town at 3:30 straight from the office to hit the highway. Normally I would have been feeling super happy to be leaving work early, but I had received a call from Uhaul to let us know that sorry they didn't have a truck available for us to pick up in Tazewell on Saturday. So why did I bother making a reservation? I'm not sure. That meant between wrapping up my work and trying to make a reservation with Budget Truck Rental, I didn't quite make it out of the office at 3:30. Oh well. We were off and enjoyed the ride.

The rest of the weekend was a blur, between picking up the rental, dismantling a barn to salvage the wood for projects around the house, going to a Birthday party, visiting relatives, going to a family reunion, packing and loading the truck, rescuing a kitten, the drive home to Richmond and returning the rental by Tuesday morning. Whew. I'm tired thinking about all of that again! Here's a few pics from our action packed weekend.

One of the barns Rennie's Grandfarther built that got blown over this past winter. A connection to a piece of Rennie's past is coming home with us in the wood we salvaged to make some things around the house and yard.
Rennie working to pull the boards down from the side.
Bobby D's birthday party. I think he got about 50 t-shirts!
MIL with new farm kitty! We're calling him SweetPea of course that's subject to change since Rennie says it's not masculine enough.
I love going to the mountains. I hate leaving them behind me. Someday maybe we can own a piece of the mountains. A girl can dream, right? Until then this is the drive home taking furniture and memories of the mountains with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment